Sunday 20 January 2013

Scooby Snackin' In The UK

Well, I am coming to the conclusion that the man never sleeps, as Jezz of Woodroffe Guitars has sent me thru another pretty picture of what will one day be The Scooby Doo One.

As I may have mentioned before, I asked Jezz if he could make me a body based on the old Mosrite guitars, but it would be a semi-acoustic jobby with a nice slash of a sound hole at the top. And sure enough he is well on his way already with the CGI bobbins. One of the things  I wanted to do this year was some different types of guitars alongside more Jazzmasters, and with the Teardrops, Semi-Jazzmasterish, Mandolin inspired, Ricky and Mosrite angles already covered I think it is starting well. I want to get a couple of originals in there before he end of the year, but for now it is just cool not to be doing Strats and Teles, fun though  they be.

But The Scooby Doo One. Obviously this will be a leetle way off, but when we finally get there it is going to have a reversed lefty Strat neck, some kind of funky tremolo and a couple of quaintly angled pickups for good measure.

As for the finish, well it is going to be funky yet with shimmering hints of the groove. I can say no more at this juncture.

And not a damn kid or a dog in site,,,cool.

La la laaa

No comments: