Wednesday 2 January 2013

Another Year In Parody

Well, 2013, who'd ever thought I'd still be wrecking perfectly respectable guitars in the name of art, although to be fair there will  be none of that kerfuffling until next week.

And I deliberately avoided doing an end of year review or a list of unlikely resolutions, as at the end of the day I like doing this and what else is there, really? I never keep them, so no point worrying.

Saying that, there will be a few changes - I'm going to do more custom jobs if people want them and more off the wall stuff if they don't - and I think I might finally do a proper web site in the interests of clarity and professionalism (ahem). but other than that and a few tweaks to how things look, it will be much the same in truth.

As for the immediate future, well, The Frou Frou Fox One is closest to being finished, so that is top of the list until some custom parts arrive, and The Seaside One will probably not be too far behind as indeed will The Mysterio One.

Speaking of which, Marc at Mojo Pickups  had put some fotos of the pickup and wiring for this baby on FaceBook the other day, and it is destined for a super hot Broadcaster type bridge pickup, which instead of the usual Esquire capacitor induced shenanigans will instead have a coil tap or split or something in one of the positions, taking it from a whopping 13K down to 10K (whatever that means). That is a bit of a first and I'm looking forward to chugging along on that baby. He is a clever sock int-he?

In fact there will be a bit of a flurry of a catch-up in the first few weeks and as I'm trying desperately to not wind myself up if I have more than the odd Jooky around the place it will be an early test of my resolve. We shall see anyway.

In other news the ill-advised Strat has gone with barely a flicker and there should be a Jaguar on it's way here soon too, and no doubt leaving shortly afterwards. Have I already said that? I forget. I'm also going to make my dream Jazzmaster in the new year and KEEP IT. So be warned.

But I babble, and nobody needs a babbler at this time of the day.

Happy New Year then and remember,

Jesus loves you,

It is a beautiful and crazy special thing to discover in your life,
that can fill a void and make you warm inside..

Beautiful and fulfilling,
that is,
unless you are in a Mexican prison.

La la laaa

No comments: