Sunday 20 January 2013

Monkey Hanging Cool

Well, I talked about The Shonky One yesterday and then glibbly skittered-over the other body that showed-up in the shape of a Jazzmaster with the name of The Hartlepool One.

So I'd better put that right.

Anyway, as you can see this is a sleek and sexy Jazzmaster shape, semi-acousticalified with a glorious slash of a cats-eye hole bored deep and dirty into it.

Obviously, we're going to have a nice Strat neck, all big of headstock and sumptuous of girth and I do so love my split Klusons so they may get the nod as well.

As for the metalwork at the other end, I'm going for a full on proper Bigsby and roller bridge, with the pickups a bit hazier, being either P90s or mini-buckers or something in between. Don't know really, until I have a chat with my pickup guru up there in the frozen wastes of Mojoland.

As for the finish, well I'm trying something new (for me) with this one and am going for a deep and dark colour (black, blue, purple, dunno) with added fairy dust, glammer and glitz. Not quite sure how that will go, but I really want to make this a bit of a wow and there we are. It will be distressed a wee bit too, of course, because all good things have lived a life after all.

So there we are. It won't be quick, but I think worth the wait, dontachaknowhoun, dontchajustknow...
The Hartlepool One, no well hung monkeys just an exceedingly cool guitar 2B.

La la laaa


No comments: