Thursday 10 January 2013

Introducing: The Seaside One

Well, err, slight mistake yesterday, as it seems I had screws for the pickups of The Seaside One all along, and a sneaky set of strings right in front of me too, so err, there we are then. It is dusted yet done.

So let me introduce you to the latest in an ever unconscionable array of Jooky Talent, fresh from the bench if not the beach, The Seaside One, a seriously cool Jazzmaster with stars in it's mincers.

From the top it boasts an alder body, stained yellow (which to the naked eye looks vaguely red) and then gold leafed using some 23 karat gold. Shiny McGlitzy, that's me.

This has been scuffed and scarified and generally introduced to the darker side of life, and then hard wax oiled, and verily nice it looks too.

I've totally dithered between a Tortie 'plate and  an off white one, but went with the red in the end, though I really couldn't tell you why. Maybe it matched my eyes.

Other than that, a rather lovely though non-trad neck -  9.5@ radius, medium frets and 22 of them), with a Mustang bridge, Kluson tuners, and a Fender branded American Tremolo. I even remembered a couple of Strap Pins for the modern chap about town.

As ever Marc Ransley at Mojo Pickups has excelled himself with a stunningly cool Jazzmaster loom and a pair of his handwound and scattered pickups. And Christ they sound good.

And side by side with my MIJ Jazzmaster, again the Jooky has it. I guess it is the lightness of covering, but it really does sing it's little heart out. Adel Weiss, three times an hour. But maybe that is just me.

So there we are, my newest baby, golden and noisy, like a proper Jooky should bey.

La la laaaaa






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heheh. 69.