Thursday 10 January 2013

The Elves and the Jookmaker or WIP: The Seaside One

Well, pukey bugs mean that there is still not a lot happening in Jookyland, but luckily the accompanying insomnia meant that I nailed The Seaside One together in the early hours, in-between...

Actually, you don't want to know what it came in-between.

Anyway, with the odd exceptions - I only had long P90 screws rather than the shorter Jazzmaster pickup ones to hand, so that looks a little strange, and I have somehow run out of strings, which is slightly frustrating - the guitar is actually done and dusted with faerie sparkle glitter dust.

And verily fine it looks too. I'm really pleased with the shade of the gold - the staining below worked a treat, and it is suitably aged and bedraggled too, which is distressing, but then it is meant to be.

So - big question, I seem to have hour long escape windows, so do I play safe and order strings on-line (the screws are already on their way) or do I risk it all and drive to the nearest guitar shop and hope I can get there and back in less than an hour and save internally redecorating the Jookymobile. (OK, it's an eleven year old Astra, but it is definitely Jookified and more to the point it is paid for and vaguely fragrant-in-a-good-way on the inside at the moment. Magic trees, can't beat them.)

So Stick or Twist?

What to do?

The Seaside One, nearly possibly somewhere close.

Think I'm going to bed now.

La la bleuurrghh




1 comment:

Paz said...

Looks really good, great finish to the body.

Definitley order online and wait....don't mess with the natural rythm of the body and it's innermost functions and movements!!!

Not sure a forest of Magic Tree's can get rid of all the smells that could be involved!!!

Paz