Tuesday 15 January 2013

A Rose By Any Other Name - WIP The Mysterio One

Well, it needs a bit of a set-up, and I seem to have mislaid the middle position somehow, as it is tres diminutive, but I'm nearly there with The Mysterio One and it is really rather lovely.

As you can see from the fotos I got some strings on today, and generally it plays beautifully, so I thought I'd do a quick WIP.

The fleet of eye among you may notice that the fotos show my mistaken first attempt at the stringing where I managed to neglect to put the strings thru the right holes (the B Bender doesn't work very well when you do that - you might want to note that down for future reference), but when it is done properly, it works like a dream and sounds twangtastically groovy

I mean I'm not much of a country player, but even I can pick a few notes then bang the bar with my leg and sound like I could change my name to Dwight or Gram.

So there we are, I'll do a proper introduction tomorrow I expect.

Other than that, I had an annoying day again - one of those where people ask me to sell them a guitar, but put a Fender sticker on it first. I mean, I love Fender guitars, but my name isn't Fender and I really can't see why I would want to do that. It'd be a bit sad or desperate and while I'm both a lot of the time, I like to 'sign my work', so like it or lump it. Jookies they be.

It's not as if there aren't enough Fenders in the world already is it, and I'm sure their Custom Shop would happily take your money so stop bugging me. I'm not hurting anyone.

La la laaa





No comments: