Tuesday 29 January 2013

40 Years of Hurt - Cheers Angela

Well, even by my slackest of standards, I've been on a bit of a go-slo-mo these last days, mainly, in my humble defence because I managed to dislocate my shoulder and apparently they are useful when you are doing guitar bobbins. I hadn't thought about it before.

Not that it is anything new - this year is officially the 40th Anniversary of the first time I dislocated that same shoulder - in fact I'd like to thank Alison McCormick for all the years of pain since then, as it was she who tried to pull me to my feet by my arm, back in Mrs Wilson's Reception class in  1973, at Moor Green Infants' School, and was left holding a dangly arm. I can still remember the bus ride up Raddlebarn Road to Selly Oak Hospital, mainly as they were resurfacing it at the time and it was a wee bit bobbly.

I don't hold a grudge though Alison, but I'll always remember you. fondly.

But getting away from a Hannibal moment (and I'm joking Alison I always thought you were beautiful and felt awful when you cried) it doesn't leave me with a lot to do - I can't even play a guitar at the moment, never mind screw one up, so instead I've reverted to type and have been planning.

And the plan I have been plotting is for a little Jooky web site. Everybody else seems to have one, and I was feeling left out.

Now it won't be anything fancy, I'm not your fancy kinda chap, but I would like it to be there in some shape or other, especially if I do a few more of these custom things (HM Customs apart, I'm enjoying it at the moment) and I have this faint idea that people could make guitars on-line with weird looks to them. It won't happen, but it is good to ponder.

But anyway, more soon I guess..

La la laaaa

No comments: