Monday 10 October 2011

WIP: The Drip Dry One

OK, I admit it. it all got a bit 'on top' last week, and not a lot seemed to go right. In a vague attempt to get myself back from the brink, as it were, I decided yesterday to take the quite radical step on sticking to one guitar until it is complete.

Obviously, not my normal thing, but there we are.

So I re-wired the Drip Dry One.
And then did it again.
And again.

Not because it was silent, no. More because it wouldn't shut up, and whatever I did, both pickups were on and that was that.
I still don't know why.
Anywaysup, I got all technical with the multimeter and it seemed as though the switch was knackered, so I chucked my toys and did something else.

Today then, despite the allure of other radical beauty, I went and bought a new switch and fitted it and if it didn't quite work first time, it was soon doing the bizz.

Happy chap.

So after that I did a bit of work on the neck - it was baked-in-grubby, but now is clean and oiled lovely like. And I even fitted it....

In fact it is done apart from that I have run out of time before I fitted some strings.

But tomorrow, I will fit strings, not start something else.
And once this one is finished, as I now know deep down and inside you'll be glad to her, it will - I will then think about something else.
I won't even think about thinking about what it might be right now.

The End.

~~~~~~~~~~~ Interlude ~~~~~~~~~~~

Obviously, something did pop up to detract me, I've snaffled a lovely looking Tele body and neck, and some Heavy Rock monstrocity, but more about them later..

~~~~~~~~~~~ Musical Interlude ~~~~~~~~~~~

Incidentally, and not at all linked to any of the above chaos, but I am loving to read  Erin Bennett's Blog right now, and listening to the various wicked songs she has on there and Facebook etc.

You can see what I mean HERE

No she doesn't play a Jooky, but I can like her anyway.


No comments: