Thursday 6 October 2011

When Will It All Go Right?

Well, slight change of plan in that I'm still courier-a-waiting, and so never made it to town to get the shiny new bridge for The Drip Dry One, so I rewired it and that is that.

Instead of finishing that baby I dug deep and faced the pain that is The Old Burny One.

Now I thought I'd found the problem with this. I replaced the switch I'd managed to break, and I swapped the wires I'd manage to misplace...and things were looking good, but no banana.

So, at the moment I've got the neck pickup working but the bridge and middle positions of the old flicky switch are doornail dead. And man have I checked my wiring, rewired all sorts of bobbins, but nada, naff-all and zilch.

So is it a knackered pot?

Another dodgy switch?

Is my old Gibson 'Original' past it's sell by date?

I really don't know.

Wondering whether to cover up the bridge pickup and call it a Jr?

Nah, it'll never look right and will only bug me.

~~~~~~~~Musical Interlude ~~~~~~~~

Well, the courier arrived - wonder where that will end up?
But too late in the day for me to get to the Post Office, and I'm out of soldering time as far as the Old Burny One goes.

So, tomorrow, it will have to be tomorrow now won't it.

*Deep breaths *

Yours, beautifully bugged...

No comments: