Sunday 30 October 2011

Getting Wasted and the love of a Jazzy Master

Well, I have to say I'm all chuffed with myself.

Nope, I haven't actually finished anything (god forbid) though I've ordered yet another soldering iron so there be light on that there horizon somewhere.

No, I received my lovely little Les Paul Special yesterday, complete with a couple of soapbar P90s, and a quite wonderfilled mahogany body and fixed neck. And I have to say that the neck is a complete dream, frets are perfect, width and depth feel great to me and I just seem to be flying about the place.

Can't find the camera at the  moment, but I will do the honours come daylight.

Anyway, I've since stripped it down, and for once in my life I have all of the parts I need (I'm replacing, well, everything on it, surprise, surprise) and I can't see it taking me long at all.

Insert your own laughter at this point.

So, given some freedom, later today, I'm going to start the finish on The Wasteland One, and I don't know, I've just got a good feeling about it.

That doesn't happen overly often, I have to admit.

Looking forward to hearing the Catswhisker P90 pups anyway, if their Fat Moggy humbucker sized one is anything to be going by, they should be something spesh.

In other news, I've decided that I really must have a Jazzmaster before Xmas (arbitary date, but sometimes you need to set a deadline, don't you?)

So if anybody has a nice MIJ/CIJ one lay around, and would like to trade it for something Jooky - I'm the chap jumping up and down in the corner shouting "Mememememememememe" and "over here."

In fact if you have a white MIJ from the nineties, I'll make you a Jooky to your specification and name my third child in your honour. Simple as that.

La la la

2 comments:

Dickinstein said...

I'm seriously considering the j masics squier at the mo. only thing that puts me off is the basswood body

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Yeah, it's lovely isn't it?
Basswood is OK, just maybe a tad heavier than alder. I think they did a lot of the Japanese ones in Basswood at one point and they were fine, and Eddie Van Halen tends to have basswood bodies on his guitars iirc... (Urban Myth alert)

Must admit I keep looking at the Japanese JMs on ebay and thinking that for the extra £100-150 on top of the Squier...