Tuesday 25 October 2011

Love, A Many Splendiferous Thingie

Well, I know I fall in love like a teenage boy, when it comes to aged old guitars, and my allegiances don't generally resist the lure of the time/glittery thing continuum, but my decrepit and battered Orpheum SG arrived today, and I'm all of a gush.

From the top it is an SG copy, made in Japan in the early Seventies, mahogany body and bolt-on neck, rosewood 'board. The Ibanez Super '70 pickup at the bridge is frankly a thing of wonder, and whatever the neck pickup is, sounding brilliant as it happens, too. Looking at the fotos on FetishGuitars, it is probably original.

As I said, I'm determined not to Jookify this as it has turned out as I hoped and is just a lovely SG with plenty of personality, GSOH, own digs and similarly dark interests. And I might even keep it that way.

In fact I feel like a Man City fan experiencing the best day of their lives (since they were Chelsea fans, and perhaps Liverpool fans before that if they are old enough) which isn't an awful way to feel.



That is it really, can't even find the camera to show you the lassie, so excuse the original foto repeated.

La la la

Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution...

No comments: