Tuesday 4 October 2011

Vapourware Am We

Well, as I've just about got to the end of my body mountain, and whilst my 'Coming Soon list still needs a bit of attention, I've been thinking about what comes next.

Firstly, I'm going to try and do (like so many times before) one guitar at a time.

OK, maybe two, but not seven, OK?

The reason for this is because I lose track otherwise and forget what it was I got excited about in the first place, which is kinda daft.

I'm also going to aim to do some certain types of guitars, which have been on the Wish List a while too long.

It kinda became a bit easy to do yet more Strats, the path of resistance minor, fun though they are, which is why I'm not intending to do any more for a while.

So anyway, there are a few guitars that are really just vapourware at the moment, and I guess I should expend a wee bit of energy sorting them out once and for all.

I figured if I listed them here, at least I might remember them tomorrow when I see somebody flogging a bunch of Strats and a roll of paisley fabric.

So, from the top, my current Wish List goes something like this:

1. A La Cabronita. As I said the other day, this is verily on the cards, which is a good thing, and it has already made the coming soon list as The Joe Le Taxi One, too, I notice. Can't think how that happened.

2. An Explorer-esque thing: I know I did The Crowley One, which was rather cool, but I fancy doing another one. And that is good enough for me.

3. Something Firebird-like: Again, I had a near miss on this and it is bugging me, so it's time will come.

4. A Teardrop shaped one. I am determined to put a Strattish neck on a Vox Teardrop shaped body. Preferably with a couple of P90 soapbars, and maybe with a Bigsby if I'm feeling flash.

5. A Rickie shaped guitar. I'd like a 620 shaped body with a Tele neck. Don't know why it just appeals. I quite fancy putting some Burns Trisonics on this too, for no other reason than I like the look of them and that, of course, they sound cool.

And that's it for now.

I do quite fancy doing a bass and a mandolin sometime too, but they are amorphous blobby thoughts at the limit of my vision, and will come into focus at a later date I expect.

A heh and a ho...

2 comments:

Dickinstein said...

WHat happened to the jookilae from the forum ?

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Yes, forgot that one. I'm going to turn it into a resonator if I can ever unpeel my daughter's fingers from it... She spends hours in front of a mirror playing it, Roy Wood glasses and all... :)