Thursday 17 January 2013

So Much To Thank you For

Well, I managed to get The Mysterio One fettled and what a joy to play it is. Loving the neck, loving the wiggle note bits and the sound is simply dee & vine. Tidy indeed.

I also had a little box turn up from Steve at Manchester Guitar Tech (or maybe it is Steve, the Manchester Guitar Tech) as he has given me an old Audition guitar, which is basically one of those Teisco-made 60s or 70s pieces of exotica, made in Japan sold in Woolworths. Ah, who would ever have thought Woolworths would fall before the Empire of the Rising Sun?

Not quite sure what to do with it yet - but I do love the little touches like the body shape, the zero fret and the binding on the neck. Light as a feathery thing too.

Being a helpfilled kinda chap, Steve has also given me some pointers on how best to do the finish on The Babylon Blue One when I get to it - he is the go-to-chap for Nitro-in-a-can, especially if you want all those old Fender and Gibson faves. Check him out Here if you haven't already...

In fact yesterday was a decent day in the end, with the icing sugar on the cherry on the top of the meringue, clotted cream, sponge fingers and marmite was this rather wonderful video thing Eriktheweary put together, direct from Halley Berry.

OK, Halesowen, not sure what I was thinking of there.

Anyway, he did it to tell the story so far of The Tickled Pink One's journey. Still plenty of time to spend a few bob on a good cause Here. All you need is love and all that and the kids can wear those leaky shoes for another week. Stump up time.

 

Today though - snow ploughs permitting, should see the arrival of the bodies for The Shonky and Hartlepool Ones, which I am seriously looking forward to in a pacy-up-pacy-down like one of The Duchess of York's chaps.

I can't quite remember what I was planning for either, so it is jolly good I wrote about it on here, or maybe I'll just make it up all over again. It's the best bit anywaysup.

La la laaaaa



No comments: