Thursday 17 November 2011

WIP: A Bit More Sick

Well, after an extended period dedicated to my newly enhanced patent-drying-method (I moved the guitar closer to the open window), I was happy to be able to start on the back of The Sick One.

In the end I went for more rust, but whether it ends there or not, who can say?

Not me, which doesn't give you much of a hope of knowing, really.

It has to be said it is all looking rather good. I've also ordered all of the parts now with the exception of the tuners as I can't make my mind up about those and they should be here before the weekend, or maybe early next week, I wouldn't know.

On the tuners, I was going to go with some Gotoh ones, but then I saw some Seventies Fender jobbies, which I like., with a big 'F' on the back of them. But I'm not sure that the Gotohs aren't better, so again I'm dithering between practicality and good looks.

However that ends-up though, I'm already pretty sure it is going to be sick, in a big way. And that is all that counts.

In other news, The Explorer is meant to arrive today, which is kinda exciting, but probably won't as it involves couriers and they always lie.

And I also, somehow, despite bestest intentions, seem to have arranged to acquire an interesting looking guitar that will arrive next week, perhaps.

I can't help myself sometimes, I just lurvve Italian styling.
I blame it on the excessive levels of distilled ristretto I consume, by the bucket-load.
And a lack of real spice in my life.
To poorly-quote some poet of my yoof.






No comments: