Friday 2 August 2013

WIP? - More of a slow crawl

Well, I thought I could just about get The Boogaloo One together today, but obviously ballsed-up the planning stage and had ordered the wrong bobbins.

On the plus side, The Bigsby is on , nice and straight thanks to a couple of bits of string, and I've even put the right neck on and quite beautiful it is too. I think I'll be using a lot more of Warmoth's necks in future, as this is peachy.

I also drilled the holes for the pots, switch and jack plus and fitted the scratchplates too, so all is looking pretty groovy.

And I was just about to drill the wee holes for the pickups (the Mojo Gold Foil Toasters are flat bottomed so that is all that is needed), when I thought I'd fit the leccy bobbins - which is where I discovered my mistake. I had ordered the wrong parts and they don't fit thru the top and give me enough room to put a nut on.

Harrowing.

Marc over in Mojo Pickups land is doing me a  replacement loom, and I'll fit the pickups, but it was a tad on the deflating side of bugged, but I had vague hopes of playing the thing and that isn't going to happen.

Though saying that I could put the strings on and play it acousticalified, but it wouldn't feel the same, so I'll wait.

I have to say I am rather pleased with it so far though. Tres bon indeedy.

La la laaaa

No comments: