Thursday 1 August 2013

Now That's Mojo

Well, I got woken up this morning by a neighbour, knocking on the door and doing an air guitar solo in the middle of the road. Simultaneously, which is a good trick if you  can do it.

Most odd. but the reason for this was that the thievin'bastard-postie had delivered a parcel to his house instead of mine, presumably to save himself a three yard walk and rather than give it me when I saw him last night, he thought he would wait until I was asleep.


Anyway, I opened the box and was rather pleased to find the pickups and loom for The Sappho One nestled in their cool wrappings - the latest delivery from Mojo Pickups, this job is always a joy.

Now I realise, my regular reader, that you see me as a quiet planner, considered and never, ever prone to rashness. But as I am only now just a neck short of a Jooky, I am sorely tempted to use another neck and get to play it.

The pickups, of course, are a little different. Marc has made a Jazzmaster sized pickup to the spec of one of those lush old Mosrites for the bridge, repeating the trick but making a Gold Foil Pickup for the neck spot.

I have expectations of this guitar, I can safely say that.

But do I or don't I?

I am struggling to do the right thing here.

Decisions...

La la laaa

No comments: