Monday 5 August 2013

Introducing: The Boogaloo One

Well, it has taken a fair old while, but I'm delighted to be able to introduce to you, the Boogaloo One, and rather lovely cool it is too.

From the top, the body is semi-acoustic, Rickenbacker 600 series influenced, which has been given a time-stained old white finish. This is a lovely ash body and has a solid block in the middle on anti-feeedback duties. it is lovely and beautifully tactile with a hard wax oil finish.

The neck is a total joy. It is a really posh Warmoth one made from a gorgeous piece of Anigre with a slab Kingswood 'board. This is genuinely one of the nicest necks I've  played and I think sets the scene for the future of Jookiidom in many ways.

Pickups are a pair Marc Ransley of Mojo pickups wound specially  for this guitar based on his wonderful Gold Foil pickups. These are sized to match traditional Ricky Toaster Tops, and have all the clean jangle you would hope for - chiming thru my Vox like a Byrd on the telephone wire - yet with a bit of dirt it is to-die-for, sustaining for weeks at a time. I really can't get over how cool these Gold Foils sound, like the best of a TV Jones meets a raunchy P90. Epic.

Marc also did a cool wiring loom - all CTS pots, Switchcraft switch and Jack and PIO caps.

Top quality stuff as we've come to expect.

Finishing it off we have a genuine American Bigsby B5 and a Ricky style bridge,  for tuning friendly wobble and shake.



And playing this is a total joy. It is the only Jooky in the little kingdom of Jook right now, so it isn't going anywhere, and I quite simply can't put it down.

The Boogaloo One, lovely.

La la laaaa







2 comments:

Philip said...

Ooh, you are getting fancy! Is the neck heavy? What puts me off Warmoth necks is the humongous truss rods. I recently got an all rosewood neck from USA Custom Guitars and I love it. It's a great big baseball bat of a thing but it only weights 1.23lb. I was amazed.

Any chance you could give us a closer look at the fretboard? Kingwood is often swirly and peculiar (in a nice way). I can't tell if this specimen is swirly or more uniform.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

I know what you mean about Warmoth necks - some of them have their own satellites - but I never noticed that this one washeavy particularly though I didn't weigh it.

The Kingwood is a little swirly towards the headstock and is quite beautiful, I'll try and do a few fotos and add them here :)