Wednesday 7 August 2013

How To Paisleyify Your Own Guitar

Well, I mentioned the other day that a great new forum, made-up of a lot of the members of the ill-fated and lightly mourned Music Radar one was about to launch, and I'm pleased to say that it hit the boards in it's new shiny suit at the weekend and is already buzzing.

If you are into guitars in any way, you owe it to yourself to pop along and sign up (tis free as a free thing) at www.thefretboard.co.uk.

You won't regret it, unless you don't. then you might of course, but nobody will hear you scream.

I had also mentioned that to give it a good start, a number of the members are writing some articles/threads about different things, including how to give a guitar a cool oil finish by the genius that is Wes Venebles, Pickup winding by the GuitarWeasel and some great build threads - watch out for TTony's they are stunningly cool pieces of wood.

Obviously this is all good, but can only look more professional and betterer if something lower of tech, style and taste is aligned along and side, and so I too am chucking my tuppence in and doing a couple of threads on Jookiness.

The first will take you through the stages needed to be-paisley a guitar body, with the nice twist that it will also have a gold leaf top, corroded to let the paisley flood out (have a look at The Lulu One and you'll see what I mean).

Anyway, the body for this was donated by another forum member John_P and it arrived today (I'm still calming my heart after seeing 'Exercise Books' written on the box).

This will be the very, very, last and final time I paisley a guitar with fabric, so it is cool that you can Singalonga Jooky if you fancy it.

And if you do want a peek, you'll need to join us on The Fretboard as that is the only place it will appear.

Anyway...

La la la laaaaa



2 comments:

Philip said...

I'd been meaning to sign up for that new site but your tutorial seals the deal! I've wondered in the past how you did your paisley guitars.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Hi Philip

Ah, it is no great drama, but it is fun to do.. Be glad to have you along, it should get done this coming week