Wednesday 3 April 2013

Strappadelia


Well, I never really got too far with The Scooby Doo One yesterday in the end, as the pickup routs need expanding somewhat, and that isn't something I can do with bratskis ahoy, so I spent a little time on the web site and more on playing referee.

Today then, I have been reassessing somewhat and maybe doing, err, something else.

I can't remember if I mentioned before, but I picked up a Tele body that is a bit rough around the edges and has some quite beautiful little knots here and there, that I think would look rather stunning with a waxed finish back and sides - maybe a stain and sanded back finish, to emphasise the grain and blemishes - but with a truly technicolor yawn of a top.

I'm seeing this as a Strappado kinda thing, but I think in truth all of the Strappado bodies are up for grabs when it comes to me making guitars, so who knows.

In fact since I started writing this, I side-tracked myself and gave it a stain and wax on the back and it looks glorious. A couple more coats and it will be divine. For the front I'm going psychedelic I think and that will be a finale of sorts as the Mother of Jook look is already at it's limits and it is time to move on. Of course that wouldn't sound quite so silly if I had actually finished one of the guitars, but there we are.

Life's like that after all.

La la laaaa



No comments: