Saturday 20 April 2013

Something New

Well, I got over the destruction of Scooby in the end, and as a new guitar had arrived the other day, I had something to take my mind of it, which isn't awful.

It is a, snappily named, Yamaha AES800, which they only made 'tween '97 and '00 I think, and was something I quite admired back in the mists of the day, so when it popped up I thought..why the devil not.

And it has been a pleasant surprise - it has DiMarzio P90s, or Q100s as they call them - humbuckers though, rather than single coils - which I can  honestly say I wasn't expecting much from, but are quite beautiful, and has already been upgraded as far as the leccytrix, tuners and bridge go...so for once it really is just plug in and play.

And it looks quite sci-fi retro too in a funny way.

In fact it sounds remarkably like a nice SG...

In other news, the Monster Relic neck for The Chimera One arrived this morning from Marc at Mojo Pickups, and jolly lovely it is too - I should get that baby with the Gimp installed too next week, so that is something to look forward to.

La la laaaa

No comments: