Wednesday 17 April 2013

Durex machina


Well, I was really rather pleased (understatedly  so) to receive the first ever Tele Gimp pickup from Marc at Mojo Pickups. These are thee Part Deux of my little plan to take over the world with guitar pickups. You may scoff now.

Anyway, this is destined for the Esquire that will be The Chimera One, and as you can see it has a nice braiding around so that it looks cool. Braid is cool. More importantly, it is based on a P90 pickup Marc made for me a while back with a little tweak or three, and I really can't be awaiting getting this together. Though unfortunately I'll have to for at least a few days.

Instead then, today I am soldering wires, burning fingers and generally causing hot liquid metal mayhem in a flawed attempt at making The La Cucaracha one strummable.

But there we are, nobody said it was going to be easy and peasie.

La la laaaa



No comments: