Saturday 26 June 2010

Talking Siamese

OK, I've been all-a-ponder, but I know what I'm going to do with the Siamese double-necked one that has been gazing all accusatory at me.

As I said the other day, I've taken it to bits and generally re-vamped the electronics, though so far I've left the pickups in that came with it.

Not quite sure what to do with the twelve-string ones, though maybe P90s of some sort - regular readers will recognise that that is my default position, of course.

For the six stringer side of this schizo guitar, I'm thinking something hot and heavy - be a nice contrast that way, which I guess is the point of guitars-en-duplo, after all.

So, pickups - maybe something tasty for the six stringer, and something yummy for the twelve.

Tuners, seem OK as does the other hardware and no real way of being sure until I try it. I have got replacements for the six-a-side which I might use though.

What else? Well, I need a new nut for one of them, so I'll prob get new ones for both.

As to the finish - i have two in mind.

Firstly, something groovy and cloth-like - or secondly cool and paper. I quite like the idea of another comic, maybe Viz though rather than old Beanos this time - and The Fat Slags along with Hot Slag pickups does have a nice ring to it.

As ever though, we'll see.

No comments: