Monday 14 June 2010

Brothers Do it for themselves too

I keep getting asked if I will make people a Jooky guitar to their specifications, or more often as it happens, whether I will 'finish' their own guitar.

Usually in Paisley, of course,
fast turning into my trademark that one is.

So far I've declined each and every one, and to be honest I can't really see myself going that route.

It would be pointless after all, as the fun is in the ideas not the service-industry aspect.

What I don't mind though is if people buy something I've done and then change it. In fact that really appeals to me in lots of ways. I've always loved chaos theory and the practise of evolution, and the idea that somebody might change pickups or other bits, well, that is all good.

It's like a painting that changes with you over time, and I always felt that people should step in and finish a few of Monet's for a start.

I've even helped a few people who want to do the fabric finish thing themselves, as that is cool too. So if you want your guitar covered in Paisley cloth, do it yourself. it isn't hard and you'll have a lot more fun doing it than you will by throwing me a pocketful of shrapnel.

DIY is the new punk, after all, as well as the old one.

No comments: