Tuesday 22 June 2010

Like an old neck, err, chief

I'm starting to understand why I keep doing this Jooky thing, and my 'Rules' are proving to be motivational, as it happens.

Basically, I love Paisley guitars for some reason I am yet to understand.

I mean, I like James Burton, but he isn't My Hero or 'owt, and other than him I can't think of anybody else who plays one.

It may, in truth, go back to when I was a kid in the '70s and I was most impressed by a scarf thing my dad would wear when he was off for a night out. It had a red paisley lining and I think maybe that set me off.

But the motivation to make these things is that everytime I flog one - and Rule#1 is of course that I have to sell them to continue to the next - I realise that I don't have a paisley guitar in the house and then whatever else I was planning to do goes out of the window causing a hell of a mess on the perfectly tended lawns of Chez Jooky.

OK, weed-ridden, and the glass is metaphorical, or maybe allegorical, I'm not sure right now. It isn't a synonym, I know that, but it may possibly be a fable.

Whatever, I seem to have to have a paisley guitar around before I can move on.

Sad I know, just the way it is.

No comments: