Monday 28 June 2010

Suicidal Sperm, Can You Imagine?

I used to play in a band a long time ago - Suicidal Sperm, you must remember them *ahem* -  and to be honest hadn't thought much about it in recent years, until I had one of those google-people-you-know moments and got back in touch with 'the singer'.

That was quite cool, 15 years on, and it is funny.

Can You Spot The Goth?
It inspired me to dig out some old tapes - not that I have any of the ones we recorded proper-like, just a couple from rehearsals, and it is funny looking back.

High points: John Peel and Steve Wright,

Low points: letting the drummer and bass player put Rush-esque drum and bass syncopation in the middle of our gloom-laden indieness.

I cringed then and still do now..

I have one of the T Shirts somewhere, though not-a-chance of squeezing into it I would have thought.
Tells it's own tale, that.

No comments: