Friday 30 September 2011

Calling For A Cab...


Well, another day and on the surface not a lot of stuff has happened, but beneath the surface, me little feet are going like the clappers.

I did get The Old Burny One a bit closer - it makes a noise now, which is cool, so jobs for the weekend are to do a bit of a tidy, string and set-up, which will be rather lovely. It was a dumb mistake, but I got there in the end.

Other than that, I moved The Drip Dry One a bit further forward - reamed/put on the tuners, de-gunked and oiled the neck so that it purrs, and wired it all up. Just need the bridge to arrive (one did but I'd measured it wrong so I've had to re-order - stoopid am we). So in truth, that is close too.

Parts, parts, always blinkin' parts, innit?

As for exciting new stuff, I've ordered meself a La Cabronita body to go with the TV Jones pickup and neck I've snaffled too. I've got a good idea how that one will look too, but more on that later, The Joe Le Taxi One.

As for my special offer, I'm going to let it run until Monday, I think, though maybe a stick-on Rolf beard isn't as appetising as gentrification, who can tell these days.

So over the weekend, given half a chance should be golden guitar time and see what the postie brings...

No comments: