Thursday 1 September 2011

Not Available In Any Shops or Bogging-Off Again

Free to a Good Home
Sort of...
I said the other day that I really didn't know what to do with The Bye Bye Buy One, but probably wasn't very clear.

It is based on an '80s Charvette, although well Jookified and with shiny new pickups and wiring (or will be once it is finished anyway).

And I like it a lot, but to be honest I'm a little unsure about selling it for two reasons -

Firstly, the frets are a bit worn. They work fine, but they haven't got a full and varied life left in them. I could get a fret job done on them, I guess, but I'm not practised enough to do it myself, and it would probably take six months to have it done locally. Don't get me wrong, it plays fine, but it doesn't leave me comfortable, as it were.

Secondly, it has a ply wood body. Which is less of an issue as to be honest with the jangly pickups and all it makes no odds at all. Ask Dan Electro.

So in truth, I figured I would probably keep it, but if I'm honest I won't play it which would be a shame.

In which case, I figured I'd give it away to whoever buys the next Jooky guitar from this site for £399 (i.e. not from Ebay - sorry but it's easier if it is done on here.)

So there we are, buy one of the Jooky guitars from here, and you will also get The Bye Bye Buy One free. Can't say fairer than that.

Suppose I'd better finish it then, had I not...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do you always make such cool offers when I'm skint? Come to think of it, I'm always skint!