Friday 9 September 2011

I Got Dem Friday Blooz

Oddly discovered behind a petrified palm plant
Well, not a happius chapius as my Latin teacher may have said if his brain had fried.

Assuming I'd ever had a Latin teacher of course. There was Miss Cortez, but she was French, which isn't Latin at all. In fact I'd rather be imagining her than some crusty old Latin teacher, it has to be said.

But to the point - The Old Burny One, I've changed the switch and it still doesn't sound a peep. I also rewired the output jack thing in case I'd messed that up, which I hadn't, but I have form - and despite that it is still noticeably shushed.

Other than that I checked pickups with the multimeter, and they are OK, and the wires from the switch are cool, the pots seem OK as far as my fumbling can tell, so I don't know what it is.

(I did check the amp with another guitar just to be sure. I have form in that direction too, of course)

*sigh*

I guess I'll have to check it all proper-like and using methodologically inspired approaches I usually aim to leave behind. But that is one for next week, I guess.

I don't usually mind cocking things up as I always get there in the end, but Shugz had done such a cool job on the 'loom' it meant I only had to solder  about six 'spots', which is a bit depressing that I've managed to cock such simplicity up.

Still, there we are..

Such is life.

As my philosophy teacher would possibly have said if he too had existed and was bored on a Friday afternoon where nothing has gone right.

*** LATER ***

I'm a bit confused at the moment, as I found a box behind a plant pot earlier on and it had an old SG body and neck combo in it, and I don't know why I have it. Most odd. It is a bolt-on Epiphone one, looking at the headstock shape and it was with an '80s-ish Hondo spiky Strat kind of thing, again body and neck. I must admit I thought I'd given them away ages ago the last time I cleared the decks, but maybe I never did.

Anyway, if I had promised them somebody and never delivered, let me know and apologies for being shonky - and if not, if anybody wants them that isn't imaginary - pipe up.

2 comments:

Dickinstein said...

Goddam mark, how bigs your plant pots ! Lol :-)

T.P.Moreston said...

You're not going mad, old chap. We had an e-mail conversation some time ago and you very kindly said you'd bung a pointy Stratty on and an SG my way. I just assumed you'd become suitably inspired and ound something to do with them. Love to take them off your hands if the offer's still open.

Cheers m'dear,
Tony