Monday 26 September 2011

WIP: The Off Key One (Contains Content Nerd)

Bronzed McBronzed
Well, not a lot happening in Jookyland today, but I did edge closer toward finishing The Off Key One.

I know it is nerdy in extremes and it should be a way down the list, but what can I say - some of the parts showed-up and it would be rude not to try them.

Anyway, as you can see, I'm all mighty chuffed with the aged Bronze Wilkinson tuners, which fit perfectly and looks amazing. (I'll straighten them a bit when I put the screws in.)

The Fake58 wiring loom thingie also showed up, and I can't help keep looking at the bumble bee capacitor, and lovely tidy vintage wiring.

What you can't see is the Jess Loureiro Dogear P90, as I was out when they tried to deliver that (how quick does that man do it?) so I'll have to face up to the sorting office hell tomorrow instead.

Fake58 Wiring Loom - Wiring like it's 1958


In other news I gave The Grecian 201 One a spoodle, oiled the 'board and cleaned the frets, played with the action and put on new strings prior to it going off to Laird Brandon in his, well, castle somewhere, no doubt.

Tomorrow though, I'm going to do something proper as I'll be waiting for couriers and bored no doubt..

La la la



Waiting for a Dogeared Pickup.
Aren't we all?

No comments: