Monday 12 September 2011

Things to Make and Do That Never Got Made or Done Last Week

The Drip Dry One
P90 plus '70s DiMarzio Super Distortion fun
and, err, no bridge. Hmmm...
Well, I never got the Old Burny One finished last week, but I think I know why now, so with a fair gust and a bit of Irish luck at my back, I might well get it sorted today or tomorrow.

Hope so, anyway, I want to play this one and it is all verily frustrating.

Other than that, I now have the pickups for The Bye Bye Buy and Drip Dry Ones, in fact all the parts for both now, so this week might see a flurry of new signings around here.

Might not of course, but we'll see.

I've decided to swap the pickup choices between the two as the DiMarzio might well overpower the lippy pickup in the Bye Bye Buy One, so I'm thinking that should get the not-quite-so-warm-but-still-quite-hot-actually M Pire handwound pup instead, leaving the DiMarzio for the mahogany bodied Strat. As you can see above in all it's '70s creamfilledness.

Which of course should be cool. next to some P90 loveliness.

Dunno, I'll have to check them, I may have that the wrong way around.

Other than that, I've decided between my children, and I'm going to keep The Golden Shower One.

I realise that the Old Burny is/will be a class above it, and I will no doubt regret it forever more, but maybe that's the reason. I really like the fact that the Shower is a bit of a ratbag wreck. I might treat it to a fret dress instead and then just love it forevermoresome.

It does mean somewhat that I've given up on my twin 'bucker Les Paul dream again, as being a pauper this is no doubt as close as I will ever get, but I console myself with the P90s of the Golden Shower and that I'm going to pimp my Gordon Smith to within a mm of it's natural 3 score and eleven. Maybe I'll treat myself to another Vintage V100 or something.

So my 'Things to Make and Do' post at the start of last week, could easily be this week's list, and maybe even next week's too if I don't get my finger out,
but who cares, really?

No comments: