Monday 5 September 2011

WIP: The Old Burny One

Well, Day One of the post-holibob-distraction, and I'm pleased to say that I got something done in-between chasing down missing guitars and the rest.

The Old Burny One is now all plugged together, if not quite plumbed-in - the soldering will follow tomorrow with a bit of luck..followed shortly by some noise in the Bristol vacinity.

I've no doubt said many times, but this is based on a 1980s Made in Japan Burny Les Paul - mahogany body, long tenon neck joint - and has a 24 karat gold top Jookily applied.

The pickups are also from the '80s being Gibson 'Bill Lawrence' Originals, and the wiring is courtesy of Shugz, who supplied me with a top notch vintage '50s style wiring 'loom' complete with Russian 'caps', proper Pots and Switch etc. Actually, that is a work of art in itself.

Other than that, ABR bridge and Stopbar tailpiece are Gotoh, tuners are Gibson branded klusons. Think that is about it. I decided against the scratchplate as it looks too good as it is.

I have to say 24 karat gold, really shines...I'll do some proper fotos involving light when the strings are on.

Bostin', as they say in the old county.






No comments: