Wednesday 28 September 2011

Golden Days

Waiting for the inspiration
Well, it has been a heavy 24 hours since The Off Key One got finished, and I have to say my fingers are sore. It is a beautiful thing to play and just looks dreamy, if rusty bronze is your thing.

Today though I'm going-a-bullet-biting and am intent on getting The Old Burny One to work, as it is irritating me like that fibre-glass lookalikey stuff you get in rose hips.

Waiting for some bits 'n' bobs
The silly thing is, I realised what was wrong - just a dodgy solder connection in the wrong place - about three weeks ago, and have managed to sidetrack myself consistently since.

In other news, I've quite fancied doing a Carbronita style thing for ages. Single TV Jones pickup and the rest, and as it happens young Simon at Fusion was flogging such a pickup.

Which is good, though that just means I need to find all of the other parts now, which is less so good.

I thought I'd found a nice Japanese Firebird to play with yesterday, but it turned-out to be more road-kill than road-worn, and I think beyond my meagre resurrectional abilities. Still, one day I expect, when I least suspect it...

In other news, I'm still awaiting parts for pretty much everything else, soo...these two pretties are still hanging around, bless 'em.

All of which means I'm back to putting right The Old Burny One.

Maybe I'll do it today after all...



5 comments:

Dickinstein said...

How bad was the FB ?

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

It had a neck break, but nothing simple - I think shattered-minus-all-the-bits about covered it. The body was split at the bottom too where somebody had nailed a strap button in (!) You could see hammer marks around it where the practice shots had missed.

Worse than that, it was Red. I hate red guitars ;)

I've kinda put it down to my 'kissing frogs' stage as far as FBs go :)

Dickinstein said...

Is it actually fixable mate ?

Sounds pretty dead really . Which IS a shame really . I really like the look of firebirds . If there anything like exporers to play , Id definatly love to have one .

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

No, fraid it was literally giving me splinters when I picked it up. The guy had described it as 'having a few issues' :) which I guess covers a multitude, not least that the neck was in a dozen or so parts...

The search goes on...

Dickinstein said...

A dead Firebird. Somewhere a pixey is crying.......