Friday 9 September 2011

Of Rooney, a Golden Shower and an Old Burny

Well, I have to say The Holy Stain is a lot of fun. Probably a bit 'noisy' if you are into gigging or recording, but at home it sounds beautiful.

As for The Old Burny One, well the good news was that I did the soldering, the bad that it was dodo-dead when I plugged it in.

Looking at the wirey bits alll in depth like, it seems I've managed to knacker the lovely switchcraft switch - two little lugs that connect it to the pickups were both pulled-out and dangling in the breeze.

Which would explain the silence somewhat

Anyway  I've taken it to bits, and put it back together, but still the silence persists. So I dunno. I'll check everything else to make sure it isn't something I've similarly knackered-up, but if not I'll have to get another switch.

I thought I had one,
but I don't,
so there we are.

Click-click shopping again.


The Golden Shower and Old Burny Ones
In that order. Sounds like a night out with a chap called Rooney
It doesn't help me with my dilemma though. As you can see in the fotos, both The Old Burny and Golden Shower Ones are rather lovely. Interesting the difference in colour between 23 karat and 24 karat gold too. Though that might be a lacquer thing, I guess.

Which to keep though...


The eternal question - do you go for the quality of an oldie-but-goodie, or do you go for the cheap thrill of the Golden Shower. Odd to think they are 30-ish and 40-ish years old.


Hmmm...

At times like this I start to wonder to myself, 'What would Rooney do?'

And the truth is, I don't know, never met the bloke. Blah blah blah.

Plan B, if the Burny seems temporarily terminal, is that I may as well have a go at drilling the holes in The Floored Genius One, which is a case of biting the gun and generally loining my gurns, but it needs to be done and heh, casualty on a Friday isn't the end of the world.

But there we are, another day in nirvana beckons

No comments: