Thursday 20 January 2011

Reasons to be tearfilled, Part 76

An apology to everybody who reads this blog or just visits the site and gets assailed by it.

First of all, I got a little Blackstar HT1R amp - a single watt of pure valvey guitar goodness, and despite dodgy mitts getting in the way, i can't help but noodle chunks of daylight away - which gets in the way of actually making guitars.

This I could deal with, mainly because as I've mentioned before I can't play for too long at the minute. So there was still a chance I'd actually finish something sometime soon.

Until that is, I got a Line 6 Studio UX1 thingie, which lets you plug your guitar into a PC and record things. Brilliant and simple. I love it.

But it is Pod Farm which is the really amazing thing. You get to pick from dozens of 'Classic' amps, effects, racks and god knows what else. Which is all uber cool and full of very time using-up-ness, but more to the point - and this is the second reason for the apology - it encourages you to make stuff up with lots and lots of different layers. Tunes, and err, soundscapes and things. Maybe even a nascent (gulp) rock opera.

Now in itself, that shouldn't really be too much of a problem - but when you do such things, like writing shonky blogs, you do need the odd person to hear or read them if you don't want to be a complete self-pleasurer. And I am a little scared I might get a wee bit over excited and start posting them on YouSpace or MyTubes or wherever, and worse even, I might feel the need to do that here too.

Inflict them on you.

So I apologise, for the even slower than normal progress in the Jooky dept. and worse for any future nitemare toonz you might find popping up as background music the next time you trot along here.

I'm sure it will be only a short term problem, I bore easily.

Incidentally, one word of advice for anybody suffering balance problems. Wah wah pedals are groovy in excelsis, but they can make you fall over a lot. I'm also going to avoid unicycles in the future.

No comments: