Monday 10 January 2011

Michael Finnegan

Daisy Jook - From The Rear
Well, as seems to be the way of things, last week proved to be a  another complete right-off for one reason or other - mainly involving motorways, electric shocks and minor floods, but there we are.

However, things seem to have settled now and I'm looking forward to a week or two of unadulterated Jookiness. Unfortunately, my going missing and generally being hopeless at keeping in touch has meant that I'm no longer making the J-Bird One for Andy, which is a shame but I think in the end we were both thinking along the same lines and it was better to cut the losses.

To be honest this is probably for the best as I'm not sure my life is steady enough at the moment to provide a good 'service' in terms of contact and deadlines. Better I meander along doing things as and when I can and if anybody likes the end result so be it. Andy is a lovely bloke though, and very understanding and most importantly there are no hard feelings. Life just gets in the way of guitars sometimes, Que cera.

What it means though is that I have a nice stock-pile of some very interesting parts, which I think will turn up in other guises, which is all cool.

The Twangy One - WIP
One thing I am changing on the site is that the Hall of Fame is going to show the WIP of the different guitars I have in the pipeline. Nothing flash, but it should be interesting to see them develop over time (for me if nobody else). It'll also stop me putting the same number on more than one guitar, which may have happened before once or thrice.

As the J-Bird won't be flying now, I'm going to crack on with some of the others. So watch out sugar, Daisy Jook is a coming soon honey...and man you are going to get something to twitch away on when the Twangy One gets those Kentrons in place..

(Think I'll stop there to avoid further embarrassment...)

No comments: