Friday 7 January 2011

Feelin' Poodly

One thing I've never done is be particularly interested in shredding or fast guitar playing, or even medium paced guitar playing that is a little tatty around the edges I guess it would be easy to say that that is 'because I can't' which is true, but there was a time when I probably could have learned, but chose not to, as basically I wasn't particularly interested in that type of music.

Saying that doesn't rule out the fact that I've always been curious about the guitars - Floyd Roses on pointy Jacksons, and Washburn Nuno Betancourt (?) types of things that make squealy tippy-tappy sounds.

(I'm starting to realise that I am perhaps an expert after all).

Anyway, as it happens at least picking such a guitar up at some point in my life has always been on a list in my head somewhere, and so when I noticed somebody flogging a kind of Nuno-ish guitar that had been made out of top notch parts, but that needed some TLC and a bit of a bath, I thought I'd get it.

And here it is, all handmade body by some cockernee luthier, Walmouth neck, Floyd Rose twiddly gear stick thing and Kent Armstrong PAF and DiMarzio high N-R-G pickup at the bridge. (I might have that wrong somewhat).

I figured that even if I hated the guitar I could take it apart and make something new out of it, so I couldn't really go wrong.

So how does it play? Well, I still don't know how to twaddle or whatever you call it, but it sounds quite nice strumming a bit of cum-buy-ahhh.

And you don't get much more Rock 'n' Roll than that, lets face it.

As to what I'm going to do with it, I'm really not entirely sure.

No comments: