Wednesday 12 January 2011

Another Day In The Wet

Well, and so we are off again, if a little stuttering as per and it is tipping down. A boy could drown in weather like this. Can't wait for the hosepipe ban being announced.

But starting again we are, and for the record, The Daisy Jook One has now had a couple of coats of lacquer and been tamed a wee bit around the edges...
I've kinda got a yen to be a bit on the rough side with the girl, and I think she'll appreciate it.
I've also sorted out the neck and there we are.
I'm toying with the idea of a bit of bling, but we'll have to see.
Where does a boy get rhinestones in Bristol?
I really don't know.

I'm in a decisive mood.

As for the Twangy One, again a bit of a trim, cut, polish and a touch or two of lacquer and it is drying for a day or three now.

I'm using nitro from the start on both of these so it is a bit slower than my usual poly then nitro combo, but I'm curious to see how it goes.

Coats are kept tres thin, so hopefully won't take months to dry.
I'm really looking forward to hearing the Kent Armstrong Kentron pickups in this one, I've got a fancy for a bit of Duanne Eddie Cochran and can't afford a Gretsch, so this will be as close as I get, I guess.

As for after these pair, I'm going to jump toward The Pink Panther One, my Jazzmaster/Jaguar type of thing with either P90s or Jazzmaster pickups.

Or maybe one of each, I can't decide, not surprisingly.

But that will come later and I might even go for The Evil Bed One first, the skeleton and roses smothered, PRS Tremonti pickuped Explorer-esque, well, guitar.

Or even, god forbid, I might finally get my finger out and do my lovely pine-bodied, golden paisleyified, copper-topped Telecaster with it's Esquire-inspired single Bare Knuckle Brown Sugar pickup and simply beautiful maple neck.

Or even, I might just stop talking for a while and do something. That would be novel, and quite a first it has to be said.

And probably will be.

No comments: