Thursday 27 January 2011

Like A Golden Shower...

Well, I've nearly got all the parts together for my Gibson Golden Topped Tribute (really must think of a proper name), and I have settled on how I'm going to do the effects too, which I have to admit was the fly in the aqueous cream.

Basically, to be a bit different, I've found my inspiration from a cockroach and am intending to put the exoskeleton on the outside, in the shape of a small multi-fx unit I've managed to get hold of within my budget. Well that was the plan anyway, but when the FX showed-up this morning they didn't work *sigh*.

Never simple, life around here.

Besides that though I'm pretty happy with the idea now, so it is just a case of finding a proper replacement and then starting on it come the 1st of February.

Before that though, I do intend to get back to both The Daisy Jook One and The Twangy One, which are hanging around awaiting my attentions and really do deserve to be finished before I start on something new. The Crowley One too, has been sprayed and is dry, but I'm still pondering that one. I've got the PRS Tremonti pickups, but am wondering if I should have a go with something else.

I've recently stocked up on P90 soapbars, a couple of Gibson ones out of an old SG and a bareknuckle Nantucket one just for good measure.

So many guitars, so many pieces of guitars around the place...better do something with them all really instead of just talking the yip.

No comments: