Thursday 6 January 2011

Feel Just Like...

One thing that I think will change a wee bit in the New Year down here in Jookville, UK is that the types of guitars will begin to vary a bit more. It has already started in a way, with the Dano-based Jangly One and The Daisy Jook One on the cards too, but I've sorted out an Explorer-esque guitar which I'll get this week too and of course there are a couple of Jaguar/Jazzmaster types of things on the cards, which is always cool. They be my faves, innit-like?

I've been thinking a lot about my own 'design' bodies too, which is one of the reasons I think the Customs will disappear, at least for a while. I really do need to play for a bit both with routers for the wood and different finishes for the copper, and there is no point rushing meself of course.

One other thing I've been looking at is how the electronics gets done, as I really like the idea of making the guitars a lot more flexible - and getting all Lego-like and modular seems to make sense to the innately logical computer programmer deep (and very deep) inside of me. The best way of doing it though, I'm still not totally sure, but it will be fun to work it out.

Am I still enjoying this? I seem to ask most weeks, and for the most part I am, but it is easy to get into a rut and I'd really rather not. So I don't intend to.

1 comment:

Fat Old Man said...

I think Shergold did a modular guitar that you could replace the wiring set up with different modules. It didn't catch on - I don't know why - it sounds a great idea.