Saturday 30 November 2013

Well, I've been a slack get in recent times, but things are finally coming together and for a change I thought I'd actually try and finish some guitars in the coming week.

Top of the shop will be my little Xmas pressie to myself, the Mustang, The Sally James One. The corroded copper finish is gorgeous, and Mr Mojo is posting me pickups and wiring and even a neck and as I remembered to order the tremolo, bridge and funny metal control bits we should be in metaphorical clover, as it were.

As the King of Halifax has also done me a couple of his stunning Mosrite pickups for the rustastic The Trojan One, I have high hopes of finishing that too, which will be a lark if not quite a jape.

But what about The 668 One with it's uber cool Speedbump pickup - well, I ordered a nice tremolo for that too, so that is on the rails but an outside bet at the moment as I have forgotten to remember something, I'm sure. Tuners spring to mind.

I don't know where I'm going to put all of these pretty things, but maybe I'll  manage.

As for the much heralded The Travellin' Man One, that is done and dusted - and it had got a little dusty - and will be off to the Americas this week with a fair wind and after all this time I hope Mr Murphy likes it.

I don't really get on with Strats, I may have mentioned it once or even thrice, but this one is a handsome devil and like Leonard Cohen's bird, I could make an exception.

The mixture of pickups is very cool - PAF at the bridge, a lipstick in the middle (and if you fancy a Strat with Lipsticks all I can say is Marc at Mojo Pickups has something special going on there again, trust me, I'm a vegetarian. no bull.) - with one of his humbucker sized Wide Range 'Buckers at the neck. It genuinely has it all going on, and as Patrick plays many a style I think he will wring every last tonal drop out of it.

No pictures of it yet of course, as I want the boy to have a surprise/not run a mile at the prospect, but hopefully he will send me an action shot or three once he gets his golden mitts on it.

So yes, I'm gabbling, but it is Saturday night, what else is there to do?

La la laaa

No comments: