Saturday 23 November 2013

668 State

Well, I know I said I was going to be-bronze The 668 One, but that was before I remembered that I had forgotten that the body was a lovely lump of swamp ash and that I had intended to keep the grain grainy.

So instead I decided to go all Wilko on it, it is meant to be a noisenik rocker of old school dimensions, after all, and whilst not a Tele I figured it could still look mighty pretty with a black stain, shiny hard wax oil finish and a bright red pearl plate.

So that is the plan, today at least.

Attached to that I'm going for a flashy bound neck, with square bits of plastic for fret markers and a big old CBS headstock, obviously the Mojo Speed Bump 'bucker at the bridge and some sort of groovy trem I've yet to decide upon. Maybe a Hipshot as I keep meaning to try them in all their stainless steel-ness..

I may even shave my head (won't take long) and I could even stretch to a pint or three.

It's going to be cool, methinks

La la laaaa

No comments: