Tuesday 26 November 2013

Rustification of the Trojan

Well, despite expectations, I actually got on and finished the body of The Trojan One and rather nice it turned out too.

With this one I wanted quite a realistic looking rust and I have been playing around for a few months with how to keep things going without it going mad and stomping all over Tokyo, and it is nice it worked.

What does that mean in English? Well, the iron that you see on the body will slowly continue to rust as it is sheltering beneath wax but not totally (PH) stable. However with cleverness of which I am not often blessed, there are multiple layers so it will never just disappear into dust and leave you crying

This is good, I'm happy.

It is as close as I'm likely to get to a lava lamp anyway.

From here, the neck is rather groovy I'm sure you agree (I was going to put it on the 668, but changed my mind), and I'll remember to ask Mr Mojo for some of his delish Mosrite stylee Jazzmaster pickups and appropriate wiring, I'm sure.

Happiness

La la laaa



No comments: