Wednesday 13 November 2013

Oiling My Honey

The Secret to a tasty finish,
is to use both the butter and
the mushroom soup
Well, getting past the tears of yesterday, I thought it was about time I got on with something - so today I have started in and on The Lingering Honey One.

If you remember this little baby is my lovely MIJ, long tenon of necked Les Paul Jr, which will feature a bit of an Art Deco vibe, or at least look a little more fancy pants than your average Jr. Probably.

So anyway, the back sides and neck have been stained a lovely old walnut colour and then will be getting a sheeny nice oil finish. I love oil finishes on necks, and as I'll probably end-up keeping this forever more (I know, I know) I may as well go ferrit.

As for the rest, it will of course be having a rather delish looking Mojo Gold Foil in lieu of the usual Dogear P90, and the wrap around bridge is going to be a Hipshot one after many other alternatives have been contemplated. Tuners will be Grovers with fancy bits, and there we are.

As for the pickguard, well, I'm hoping for something fancy indeed for that, but fingers crossed. It might be black vinyl if things don't pan out.

Yeah, yeah, it's good to be back, good to be back...

La la laaaa




No comments: