Wednesday 29 January 2014

WIP: The Whipped One

Well, things are a movin' if not quite a groovin' here in the Kingdom of the Fat White Jook,and yesterday saw my little The Whipped One take several giant steps in the right direction.

As you can see from the pix, the Mother of Jooky inside-of-a-shell top is finito'ed, and I went subtle (ha - me, subtle) for the back to show off the Flamey Walnut body nicely. (Came as a shock, I didn't realise you could get flamed walnut at room temperature)

Other than that the blingy gold bridge matches the blingy Gold Sperzels and Blingy Gold Gretsch knobs, and the super and dooper looking Mojotron, whilst not gold, adds to the visual wow-ness.

I spent a lot of time checking on the flatness of the fretless ebony 'board, so fingers crossed it works as planned...

As for what is left - well, I need to sort out a pickguard and I didn't have any bling gold neckplates or strap pins, so they are on the way annd will be swapped for th ones I put on yesterday. I am also still waiting for the flatwound strings, but hopefully they will be here today or tomorrow. If I get the nut on I might try some normal strings just to get the string height right, or I may not. it's that sort of day, really.

La la laaaa





No comments: