Sunday 19 January 2014

WIP: The Alcman One

Well, got up this morning needing to get on with something, so I dived straight into my little box of Mojo goodliness, and grabbed the pair of Gold Foils and loom for The Alcman One.

Everybody needs a Jazzmaster on a Sunday morning.

As you can see, Alkie is a rather wondrous Daphne Blue Nitro jobby, complete with some lovely dinks and lacquer craziness, and for once it has strap pins engaged.

I really fancied proper Teisco looking Mojo Gold Foils in a Jazzmaster as they look stupendous, but this presents a few challenges as far as fitting them goes, so I've used some fibreboard for them to sit on and amazingly it worked great. Sorry about the shonky fotos, but it really does look cool.

As for the rest, I've used one of the last of my blocked and bound necks, which looks proper pukka and all Fender parts for everything else really.



As for what is left to do, well it is all at the headstock end as it needs the Sperzels banging in along with the string bar thingy, logo and headstock painting, but other than that...tis lovely.

I think tomorrow will see me splashing metal paints and acid around the gaff, but then...who can really say what tomorrow will have to say about it all.

La la laaa




No comments: