Friday 3 January 2014

Golden Foil And a Watery Day

Well, we're on flood alert as I type this, and wondering whether I should empty the sand pit and fill some carrier bags - but of more interest, I see that Mr Mojo has done me another of his Delish Gold Foil pickups.

And as this one is for The Fretboard One - the guitar that will be given away to a member of the rather cool and groovy Fretboard Forum - read all about it here - I guess I'd better come out of the Crimbulmus hibernation and, well, not to put a sharp point on it, do something.

The body of course was hand made from wood by Tony, as I mentioned before, and so far I have killed off the oil finish and am ready to paint it.

As it is a nicely contored thing, I'm going to go for a mixture of bronze and copper and generally get it quite messy.

The neck is one of my lovely wee stock of bound and blocked Jazzmaster/CBS Strat style thingies..

So all in all it will be rather groovy, I can't help but think.

Right, where's me waders..

La la laaaaa

No comments: