Wednesday 22 January 2014

Ganga Game-on

They Cut Them With Their Metal Knives
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Well, it has taken a while but sick children, flood warnings, roof-ripping Gales and general pestilence apart, I am finally going to start on the Ganga6 Jooky Jrs tomorrow, as well, it is about time and slightly overdue even by my standards.

And if you can't remember what these are, I won't be surprised or throw chalk at you, as I'm not sure I can really remember meself.

So from the top, the idea is to make six guitars that all have the same spec but stay utterly unique by having completely different finishes.


The Gangas are all based on a streamlined Tele body, some are alder others ash, and the back and sides will all be walnut stained which always looks rather good. I've listed the finishes before but they are all Jooky faves, rusty iron, corroded copper and bronze, Mother of Jooky pearl, paisley and gold leaf'd.

Each will have a single bridge pickup, one of Mr Mojo's finest Teisco-stylee Gold Foils, and some Mojo wiring for long-term uncomplicated and predictible motoring.

The necks are some lovely Strat ones that have already been levelled, frets polished, nuts cut and woody bits stained and Tru-oiled and waxed which is rather deevine, and may even boast tuners. I know, they have it all.

As for the rest, well the final Midget Gem in the jar is an especially made scratchplate which will set it off a treat.

I also mentioned before that these will be available to pre-order at a cheaper price and as it happens three have already gone, the Gold Leaf one, and two others that I can't remember at the moment and genuinely can't be arsed to look at, so if you do fancy joining the fray, it might be wise to give me a tinkle bell. £599 now or £749 later, I think I said. (Note to self, you'd better check).

So tomorrow, I start with the body staining. or fake tanning as it is known locally, as I look kinda like Jooky Essex by the time it is done and from there it is party on.

So anyway, the Ganga6, gammon.

La la laaaa

No comments: