Monday 10 May 2010

Not So Glistery Anymore

A Pint And A Half Bleurgh
Well, I suppose it had to happen sooner or later or sometime, but I had a bit of a cock-up today, and managed to wreck a guitar.

I know a couple of people are vaguely interested in a detached and maybe out-the-corner-of-me-eye sort of way, but I haven't really done much with the Glistery One since I covered it with gold paint, a lot of glitter and then started to clearcoat it.

Plenty of clearcoat, don't get me wrong, but it hasn't made top of the pile, mainly because it is a bit of a basket case even by my lowly standards.

So, sat it has in the corner of the garage I call home, just waiting for me to - well - do something.

Anything.

And so, when I was giving The Beano One a final coat - just enough to protect without ever looking professional -  I thought I'd give the Glistery One a bit of a coat or three too.

It's only fair, it needs it, and well, no time like the present.

And so I did, and it looked wonderfilled and I felt good about meself, proper geezer I am, oh yeah, I can do that luthering son, no problem.

The Glistery One: Before It Was Drowned In Gold Top
Apart from the fact that I had made one small error
a teeny oversight
a bollock
ceremoniously
dropped
onto the
concrete.

Yep, what I hadn't realised was that the clearcoat I was using today, wasn't the same one I'd used before.

And they didn't exactly see eye-to-eye
Didn't really get-on, as it were.

And so my shiny, glittery mound of glisterdom suddenly
got
cloudy.
And very dull
lifeless and
rather
white looking.

In fact milky,
would describe it rather well.

Bloody awful would too.

So there we are
don't mix your varnish stuff kiddies
it never works out well.
Bit of sanding to do tomorrow, I think.

Heh ho

No comments: