Tuesday 11 May 2010

A Happy Customer - Blimey

Well, despite a minor cock-up on my part, it was nice to hear from James who bought The Psychedelic Surf One, with a few comments about the guitar. As you know, this Jooky thing is all a bit new and off-key, and the idea of making guitars from old stuff is perhaps not one everybody gets straight off, but I was really pleased to find that James indeed recognise the point and especially that he liked the guitar.

James is a busy kind of chap, playing guitar with the newly reformed Candy Filter Tip - where the Surf One will be used - as well as drumming with both The Arc of Manapples and Croak Ditch - check the links for their Myspace pages, well worth a visit or ten.

I'm looking forward to hearing Croak Ditch's album, but more on that later...

Anyway, as I say James said a few nice things and despite the shameless vanity of it all, I'll put them here. Down a bit, they're the ones in speech marks.

Ah, makes me feel all warm inside..



"Guitar has arrived! First off, it looks incredible. The finish is great, I just kind of sat and admired it from different angles for a while, it really is a thing of beauty. It plays great as well, good action, nice size fretboard, some real 'zing' on the strings.

Regarding the sound/construction etc., awesome. I've thrust it in to the hands of every guitarist I know and I'm now the subject of much envy. It sounds like sex in your face. The sustain, as you rightly pointed out, is very impressive, it's so easy to play and the output of the pickups is louder than the humbucker on my '72 Fender Tele. It sounds like a fucking train. In the best possible way. I could not be happier with #10, just owning it makes me 38% cooler. "

No comments: