Sunday 18 May 2014

Interesting Times

Well, things have been moving finally, and The Velvet Pearl One is now done - a proper introduction tomorrow, before it flies off to Jim - and the plan is to finish my lovely Jaguar, The Bacchylides One, tomorrow too.

The Travellin' Man One is back together and all dried out and various bits replaced that had gone rusty-in-a-bad-way, so that will finally be back on it's travels too.

All cool.

In other news, I had two 'incomings' today, both Les Paul stylee, and both it their own way quite cute..

The first is a Gibson 50s Tribute Les Paul Studio, which has had a hard old time of it. These are lovely guitars, but it needs some renovation methinks as whoever did the amateur relickification was clearly lacking a trolley to fall off.. The front doesn't look bad, but the rest is, well, wow. Old Goldy is going to get a Bigsby I think, though amazingly the Gibson pickups are really nice, so may hang around for a wee while.

The second is polar oppositified, and is pristine and pretty too. This is  a Japanese Edwards Les Paul, and is rather beautiful. I haven't had a chance to plug it in, but it feels and looks verily classy indeed.

The Gibson is going to get a Bigsby and maybe a Gold leaf finish, the Edwards I daren't touch.

And of course after spending months working my way thru every Vox amp I could find, but never quite finding what I were looking for, I also got one from the left of field, which nails it better than anything.

I got a Genz Benz Black Pearl which is utterly gorgeous to play. The reverb is stunning and there are more tones in there than I know what to do with. Clearly I will keep it forever.

So busy busy and a leetle busy, feels good to be back..

La la laaaa




No comments: